Tentative: Nov BAD (and all Debian) meeting at ALS Thurs 11/8 6PM

tluxt tluxt@yahoo.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 00:03:50 -0700 (PDT)

OK, the response was all positive, so I hereby delare that the Nov BAD
meeting will be at ALS.

The Usenix ALS coordinator said to email the contact on the BOF page to
request being officially put into the schedule.  I am about to do that.
 He could say 'no', of course, or the time could be changed.

I suggest that whoever maintains http://bad.debian.net/ update that
page now to indicate that Nov BAD will be at ALS, with a final
confirmaiton of the exact time to follow.  Tentatively the time should
be Thurs 11/8 6-8 PM.

A note to Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry@home.com :
I saw your message that you will be in charge of the Debian booth at
ALS.  I'd suggest that after, and assuming, I get confirmation for a
time for the meeting that you (or someone here) suggest to me the
proper way to notify the Debian community at large about this get
together.  Perhaps an announcement on debian-user & debian-announce?

Hopefully this will be a large gathering of Debian people!  :)

I think it might be a good idea to have a meeting topic to focus
discussion around, perhaps even having 1 or more speakers.  One
possibility that comes to mind is the upcomming release of Woody, so
perhaps we could get someone to talk about what the plans are, what
needs to be done, etc.  Any other suggestions?  Any suggestions for who
to have as speaker?  Or, should we just see who attends, and the most
likely suspects could do an informal talk/update?

Anyone have any other thoughts relevant to this whole thing?