Tentative: Nov BAD (and all Debian) meeting at ALS Thurs 11/

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry@home.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 08:09:12 -0700 (PDT)

> A note to Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry@home.com :
> I saw your message that you will be in charge of the Debian booth at
> ALS.  I'd suggest that after, and assuming, I get confirmation for a
> time for the meeting that you (or someone here) suggest to me the
> proper way to notify the Debian community at large about this get
> together.  Perhaps an announcement on debian-user & debian-announce?

I will have Joey send out something.  Maybe the Debian news sites too.

> Hopefully this will be a large gathering of Debian people!  :)
>
> I think it might be a good idea to have a meeting topic to focus
> discussion around, perhaps even having 1 or more speakers.  One
> possibility that comes to mind is the upcomming release of Woody, so
> perhaps we could get someone to talk about what the plans are, what
> needs to be done, etc.  Any other suggestions?  Any suggestions for who
> to have as speaker?  Or, should we just see who attends, and the most
> likely suspects could do an informal talk/update?

informal is always good.  Let the people who show up drive the talk.  If it is
mostly devels we can talk nuts and bolts, if mostly users then it should be
higher level.