airWire - "Wireless 10/100 Ethernet Cable", free to Debian Developer or ...

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 12 21:07:16 PST 2013

airWire - "Wireless 10/100 Ethernet Cable", free to Debian Developer or ...

I've got the noted hardware to give away to Debian Developer, or
otherwise use to benefit Debian or Open Source or possibly towards some
other cause.  If you're a Debian Developer, and I receive notification
at least a couple hours in advance, it could be yours by as soon as this
Wednesday's BAD meeting - if you're going there.  Otherwise I'll see what
interest(s)/responses I receive how quickly, but in any case my aim is
to find it a new "home"/owner hopefully within the next few months or
less - and quite likely get it into someone else's hands at a BAD
meeting.  See also details further below.

For most current/detailed status/information on it, see:
http://www.rawbw.com/~mp/giveaways/airWire.html
and for more general information/giveaways:
http://www.rawbw.com/~mp/giveaways/

Anyway, details on the item/hardware (also at:
http://www.rawbw.com/~mp/giveaways/airWire.html
)
    airWire - "Wireless 10/100 Ethernet Cable"
    See Also: [1]General terms and conditions, etc.
[2]Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. [3]airWire AW-B US
AW-B US
(L) 1016L00156D80052B
(L) 1016L00156D80051D
AirOS V 5.1

black, unused, sealed in box,
I've had it sitting around in sealed box for a fair while so any
otherwise applicable sales/manufacturer warranties/guarantees may no
longer apply.
"street price" for this item, new/unused appears to be in the range of
about $114.37 to $159.00 USD

Some other bits noted on box:
PLUGnPLAY
NO SETUP REQUIRED
Link 100m+ distances at
300Mbps+
5 GHz
Package contents:
AirWire (2)
Ethernet Cable (2)
Ethernet Cable/Power Adapter (2)

    How I'm giving this one away.
    Let me know you're interested.
    Optionally include sentence to paragraph about how you'll use it to
    benefit Debian or other Open Source project(s), or otherwise do
    something with it to generally benefit some non-profit or charitable
    cause or society or aid you in doing so.
    First dibs goes to current Debian Developer - if I get multiple
    requests, I'll decide based on stated intended use and/or who can get
    the item from me without too much time/hassle on my part.
    If not claimed by/through above, next dibs goes to current Debian
    Maintainers, and then anyone else actively working on Open Source
    projects or otherwise generally contributing to Open Source community
    and related projects.
    If no one claims it through the above, next up, all takers, same
    procedure as above, except I'll also consider monetary offers - which
    will be donated to Debian. (cash, or check or money order [4]made
    payable and properly designated/notated to fund debian via SPI).

    How quickly will I decide who gets it and get the item to them? Depends
    what interest I'm informed of how quickly. Could be done and given
    aways as soon as at the 2013-02-13 [5]BAD meeting, or may take fair bit
    of additional time. I'm hoping to find a new "home"/owner for it within
    the next few months or so, if not (much) sooner.