visiting Silicon Valley

Satoru KURASHIKI lurdan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 00:00:26 PDT 2008

hi,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 3:41 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:
>  Looks like Tuesday March 11 is it, since no one called it for today.  I
>  hope people will help entertain our Japanese guest!

Because I'm not so good at speaking English, I introduce myself
beforehand.

I've been interested in translation, continuation of studying English.
I had translated some LDP documents, and contributed some Japanese
localization resources to a few free softwares. (about 5 years ago)

After 4 years sleeping, I started contributing to debian from last year,
because I've used debian for years as my home server and very
satisfied with, I thought that I'll be happy to do things for Debian.

I helps local meeting in Japan (Kansai region) as
http://wiki.debian.org/KansaiDebianMeeting,and translates some pages
of www.debian.org.

Now I'm a package maintener of the package "yaskkserv", Japanese
input method, and being mentored how to build debian packages.
Recently, I've joined the Debian JP project, and I will do those jobs
above more effectively.

In addition, I've been working at IT company and implements system
infrastructures (keywords: SAP, AIX, RedHat, HACMP(cluster), networking),
I'm also interested in how to implement such enterprise functions on
debian only using OSSs, as my hobby.

When I return home, I'll get new ThinkPadX300, and be looking forward
to challenge setting up with Debian on it :-)

regards,
--
KURASHIKI Satoru