Do you guys not make a keyring on biglumber, or am I missing something?

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 9 22:44:09 PST 2006

Just my opinion, but ...

I find that for small (<~=12 participants/keys) keysignings,
event/signing keyrings are of little to no advantage.

I find that for larger/large (>~=25 participants/keys) keysignings,
event/signing keyrings can be of moderate to great advantage.

Between Bay Area Debian (BAD) http://bad.debian.net/ meetings and the
San Francisco Bay Area keysigning list
http://zer0.org/mailman/listinfo/ba-keysign/
(and also http://www.biglumber.com/) I think we've gotten pretty good
relative saturation of Intra-San Francisco Bay Area keysignings, so I
guestimated we'd probably have <12 participants/keys that would be
involved at the 2006-03-08 BAD meeting, so I opted not to create a
Biglumber event keyring.

Even for the BAD meeting that lined up with
LinuxWorld in San Francisco last year, where I expected potentially
pretty large crowd (I think we did have ~24, fairly large for a BAD
meeting, anyway), and created keyring for that event, we still only
ended up with 2 keys that got placed on the event keyring, even though
there were <~=11 keys involved among the signings.

Quoting Bill Woodcock: