[BAD] SEVERE HAZARD was: ANNOUNCEMENT: There will be a BAD meeting at 21st Amendment in San Francisco at 7pm on Wed 8 June 2005

Sat, 4 Jun 2005 14:09:32 -0700

Per rule 7:
"
the original organizer should post a new
     announcement according to rule 3, mentioning prominently that it
     is a change.

     The organizer MUST put a sign and/or a human runner at the original
     venue to send people who missed the revised announcement to the
     new location.
"

I'd also sugguest (if you haven't already), before giving up on 21A,
do the research (check time on the game, call 21A and find out how
absurdly crowded it is/isn't likely to be, and if/when the crowd thins
by how much and around what time relative to game start) ... but if it
looks rather/quite bad, then I'd be of the opinion it's probably best to
relocate the meeting.

To make things as feasible and unconfusing as possible, I'd suggest,
if the meeting location is definitely to be moved, something that's
relatively close (in San Francisco, and relatively close to the
originally anounced location) would be most preferable.

Among possibilities, I might suggest:
Henry's Hunan, on Natoma,
Metreon (4th & Misson),
Thirsty Bear (Mission & ~3rd)
Thirsty Bear makes for good pub/bar, and also has good food.
The others, I've mentioned before.
http://bad.debian.net/list/2005-May/002861.html

If meeting relocates from 21A, informing staff there would also be a good
idea (sign left there about relocation might not stay up long, human
runner could get lost/trampled in crowd - besides, who wants to stay
where the meeting is not happening).

I think rule 7 also disambiguates where meeting gets moved to, as the
person who announced the meeting originally has that key responsibility
(at least per the rules :-)).