MIMO wireless cards cheap at Fry's

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Sun Dec 11 19:27:54 PST 2005

According to Tony Godshall,
> According to Don Marti,
> > begin Tony Godshall quotation of Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 03:02:54PM -0800:
> >
> > > Did a quick google search but didn't find anything by brand.
> > > But that's not surprising- it's the chipset that counts and
> > > the Fry's ads don't mention that (surprise, surprise).
> >
> > A good source of up-to-date info on chipset and driver
> > availability by brand is at Seattle Wireless:
> >
> > http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/HardwareComparison
>
> Thanks for the link!  Looks like they don't actually have
> the MIMO versions listed tho.  They list items from
> Airlinkplus.com, while the MIMO versions are at Airlink101.com.
> Corporate name change or different sites for different
> products?

SF.net has this...

  # Card: Airlink101 Total 802.11 Super G, 108Mbs Model#
  # AWLH4030

      * Chipset: Atheros AR5212
      * pciid: 168c:0013
      * Driver: net5211 from [[14]]
      * Other: I couldn't get the card to work with the driver
      * on the CD, so I tried the driver from the above
      * website. It has worked flawlessly since I installed
      * it. I am running Fedora Core 3.

I'll chance it, I guess.  I made atheros chips work before-
hopefully those drivers still work.