MIMO wireless cards cheap at Fry's

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Sun Dec 11 19:19:01 PST 2005

According to Don Marti,
> begin Tony Godshall quotation of Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 03:02:54PM -0800:
>
> > Did a quick google search but didn't find anything by brand.
> > But that's not surprising- it's the chipset that counts and
> > the Fry's ads don't mention that (surprise, surprise).
>
> A good source of up-to-date info on chipset and driver
> availability by brand is at Seattle Wireless:
>
> http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/HardwareComparison

Thanks for the link!  Looks like they don't actually have
the MIMO versions listed tho.  They list items from
Airlinkplus.com, while the MIMO versions are at Airlink101.com.
Corporate name change or different sites for different
products?

> All the Airlink products listed there seem to be
> Broadcom chipset -- so you might want to consier these
> cards if you're looking to do some hardware hacking,
> get your name in /usr/src/linux/CREDITS, and achieve
> Artistic Immortality.
>
> http://linux-bcom4301.sourceforge.net/

Am sort of between jobs right now (well, running out the
accrued vacation clock actually) so maybe I have time for
that.  But what about the DMCA prohibition against reverse
engineering?  Would I have to go out of the country to work
on it?