Seeking good web sites for Debian tools

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:30:44 -0700

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net):

> 	I'd ask MBP for clarification, but my impression is that the
> only concrete link between bazaar-ng and arch is that it shares the
> word "bazaar" with one of arch's implementations.  I do not believe
> that arch provides any sort of "specification" for bazaar-ng beyond
> inspiring features.

Actually, I'd appreciate that -- and I've been in contact with Martin
seeking his feedback.  I know that Larch, Eva, and ArX are or at least
were mutually compatible in the sense that they could all talk to the
same repositories -- but you may be right that Bazaar and Bazaar-NG
(or maybe just Bazaar-NG) are forked from Arch, inspired by Arch, or
something along those lines, rather than being compatible.