Seeking good web sites for Debian tools

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:40:45 -0700

begin  Rick Moen  quotation:
> OK, I've now refactored my SCMs for Linux page to create separate
> entries for all seven Arch implementations (including the three
> seemingly defunct ones), creating new entries for baz and bzr along
> the way.  Please let me know if there's anything significant I've
> flubbed.
>
> http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Apps/scm.html

	That's a nice list!  Excellent roundup of the sort I've come
to expect from you.

	I'd ask MBP for clarification, but my impression is that the
only concrete link between bazaar-ng and arch is that it shares the
word "bazaar" with one of arch's implementations.  I do not believe
that arch provides any sort of "specification" for bazaar-ng beyond
inspiring features.

	This is where marketing terms begin to make me question my own
understanding of the facts.  I base this claim mostly on MBP's
writings in which he says that the UI problems in arch go all the way
down to even the repository layout.  I am reasonably certain that bzr
will not be able to interact with any arch repositories without some
sort of third-party translator.

--
Information gladly given, but safety requires           Nick Moffitt
avoiding unnecessary conversation.                     nick@zork.net