Seeking good web sites for Debian tools

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:19:42 -0700

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net):

> 	It's going to fix some of the UI problems with arch, but it'll
> still have the odor of tla.  bzr (bazaar-ng.org) is beginning with a
> UI much more like darcs (which is still a dream to work with).  baz is
> just tla++.
>
> 	bzr is like darcs in that every checkout is also a repository.
> This doesn't seem like such a win to most folks beyond disconnected
> use, but it has a very useful conceptual side-effect:  EVERY CHECKOUT
> IS ALSO A BRANCH.  This means that you no longer need to work out
> funky tag commands to branch: you just check it out into a new
> location and use the standard push/pull commands to feed changesets
> back and forth as needed.

OK, I've now refactored my SCMs for Linux page to create separate
entries for all seven Arch implementations (including the three
seemingly defunct ones), creating new entries for baz and bzr along the
way.  Please let me know if there's anything significant I've flubbed.

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Apps/scm.html