ISP's

Oliver Kurth okurth@gmx.net
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:20:59 -0700

--=-18SeVvFE/IHEKJEis4YH

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 10:51, Ross Boylan wrote:
> Do people have any recommendations (either for or against) internet
> providers available in the Bay Area (I'm in SF)?
>=20
> I'm probably going to go with a cheap dial-up, but I'm also
> considering SBC/Yahoo DSL.  Does the latter work with Linux?
>=20
> I'm using earthlink now, but am fed up with their poor service.

You can look at http://www.dslreports.com/, there are lots of reports.

I use sonic.net, they are competent, not too expensive and linux
friendly. From the DSL modem I get plain ethernet (so no pppoe), and I
have 4 static IP addresses. The carrier is SBC. My contract with them is
about a month old, so I do not have any long term experiences yet.

Greetings,
Oliver