BAD meeting, CDs, GPG/PGP, etc.

Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:32:48 -0800

The URL on the BAD web site for the map for tomorrow's meeting location
gives the wrong map location (off by about a mile).  Triple Rock is
at 1920 Shattuck Ave. near the corner of Hearst Ave.

LINUX (Debian/Knoppix) CDs
If anyone's interested in these CDs:
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r1 "Woody" - Official i386 Binary-1 CD
KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19-EN
I can have some copies available (modest quantities)
on CD-RW media with jewel or slim-jewel cases
for $2.00 USD each
at the 2003-12-10 BAD meeting.
Dropping me a courtesy e-mail note expressing specific interest and
desired quantity(/ies) preferably at least 4 hours prior to the meeting
(meeting starts at 7pm, so that would be before 3pm) would help me in
anticipating any specific demand.

GPG/PGP keysigning ...
Yes, I can sign keys, you can sign mine, ...
the usual customary stuff typically applies
(need key ID and key fingerprint, generally need government issued photo
ID).

Random notes/references:
I'm not offering the full Debian CD set presently, just the first i386
CD (enough to get a fairly useful installation done, anyway).
If the meeting site had AC available, I might offer to burn CDs on the
spot.
CD-RW - mileage/reliability/readability might vary depending on drive
type (I'm not sure how well they work, particularly in ancient CD-ROM
drives); CD-R? ... I haven't bought any CD-R media yet, ... you're going
to want "Sarge" or something else on there after a while anyway, aren't
you? :-)
My key data is probably most usefully available via
http://www.biglumber.com/x/web?qs=Michael+Paoli
and/or
http://www.rawbw.com/~mp/gpg/
(keys are also on keyservers, but that may have more data and less
information than may be optimal, especially for signing convenience)

Tomorrow's BAD meeting details:
http://bad.debian.net/
Note that the URL for the map on the BAD web page presently points to
the wrong location.
http://bad.debian.net/list/2003-October/002262.html
http://bad.debian.net/list/2003-December/002352.html
http://www.triplerock.com/pub.html