[svlug] Come help people & computer the Debian Booth at LWE 8/5-7 SanFran

Hereon hereon2003@yahoo.com
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:40:34 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 08:36:22PM -0700, Hereon wrote:
> >
> > Great!  We'll check w/ you all Tuesday.  :)
>
> Alright!  Hopefully we'll have heard back from Seth (EFF) before then, and
> can coordinate a little more in advance if they decide to go with FSF.
>
> Monday is setup day, BTW, so it'd PROBABLY be best (read: keep LWE happy)
> if
> we got the booth all put together BEFORE Tuesday, if possible.

OK, sounds good.  Guess I'll have to see about getting there on Monday, or,
at  least making the arrangements by then.

Actually, the LWE expo booth coordinator, Frank, said to me I should contact
him on tuesday morning, so that does indicate tues should be ok.  Can't hurt
to work on getting things settled earlier, though.  I'm rather busy w/ other
obligations, so I wasn't intending to email the other groups about the
possibility of sharing space with them before talking to them tues, since it
would be (I suspect) much time (which I don't have, currently) chasing things
down by email now.  I'm planning to do it informally, in person, on tues (or
perhaps, now, monday eve), as Frank suggested.

> BTW, FYI, we've got a page about our booth up on our site:
>
>   http://www.lugod.org/projects/lwe/
>

> It's MOSTLY for me to keep track of who's helping, when, and how they're
> getting to the event...  But you might find it useful.

That's a beautiful page!  What sw tools are used to create/maintain it?

Wish I had time to do something like that!  I'll ask if anyone at BAD can &
will put up a page like that to coordinate the Debian booth.