[svlug] Come help people & computer the Debian Booth at LWE 8/5-7 SanFran

Bill Kendrick nbs@sonic.net
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:51:21 -0700

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 09:40:34PM -0700, Hereon wrote:

<snip>

> Actually, the LWE expo booth coordinator, Frank, said to me I should contact
> him on tuesday morning, so that does indicate tues should be ok.

Okay, understood.  I STILL haven't heard back from EFF. :^/  Hrm...

> > BTW, FYI, we've got a page about our booth up on our site:
> >
> >   http://www.lugod.org/projects/lwe/
<snip>

> That's a beautiful page!  What sw tools are used to create/maintain it?

vi, mostly ;^)

The central part is raw HTML.  The navigation and such is HTML being spat out
by some simple PHP.  The LUGOD logo was Povray'd under Linux.
The "LUGOD" and cloudy stuff at the top was Photoshopped under Windows.
The rest was GIMPped under Linux. ;^)

> Wish I had time to do something like that!  I'll ask if anyone at BAD can &
> will put up a page like that to coordinate the Debian booth.

Cool.  Good luck! ;)

-bill!