Jan 9 Wed BAD social get-together, Berkeley

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:40:15 -0800

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net):

> 	Wait, I thought that Au Coquelet was yesterday.

1.  In line with previous Bay Area Debian discussion, I posted the
    long-announced schedule of upcoming meeting dates (including
    Wednesday, Jan. 9), and posted details for BAD to meet at Cafe
    Au Coquelet on that date.

2.  Immediately afterwards, Robin Rowe interjected with his novel
    notion of a joint BUUG/BAD meeting, Wednesday, Jan. 3 (yesterday).
    He cross-posted this across this list and BUUG's.

3.  As if that weren't interference enough, tluxt@yahoo.com then
    posted a _third_ meeting announcement, for Wednesday, Jan. 9 at a
    fast-food joint in San Jose.

None of this is mentioned on http://bad.debian.net/ or
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/ , except that both state (in effect) that
BAD will have a meeting somewhere on Wednesday, January 9.

<sigh>

I believe you've just illustrated my point about introducing confusion.