Jan 9 Wed BAD social get-together, Berkeley

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 08:09:23 -0800

Quoting tluxt (tluxt@yahoo.com):

> Rick Moen is now currently Coolest Debainer for 2002.
> [On behalf of the Debian/GNU/Linux/FreeSW/..., "Thanks Rick."

Well, before you say that:  You seem to have misread.

I'll be going to Cafe Au Coquelet, and hope others will do likewise.  I
like that venue a lot better than I do the North San Jose Carl's Jr.
Also, I posted those details before either of the two conflicting
proposals, the meeting location still strikes me as being more in line
with the intentions of the group, and I honestly think your not having
deferred your Carl's Jr. idea until February was a mistake.

What I was _saying_ was that if you'd rather be at the Carl's Jr. in
North San Jose, enjoy.  Have a good time; I hope it goes well.

Also, I could swear I was quite clear about BALE, but just in case:
BALE reflects technical events publicised by sponsoring groups
on (primarily) their Web sites.  In this case, BALE will list a January
BAD event iff BAD's Web site does.

At the moment, http://bad.debian.net/ has no specific entry for January,
just a note that BAD "currently has get-togethers on the second
Wednesday of each month".  Therefore, BALE says "Wed. Jan. 9 ?  ?  Bay
Area Debian meeting: TBA".

If Mike Markley puts something more specific on http://bad.debian.net/,
then that will be reflected on BALE.  If not, the current listing will
remain.

Anyhow....

I hope to see in Berkeley those who'd like to meet at Cafe Au Coquelet.
I'll be driving home from work (in the wilds of Fremont) to Menlo Park
(just north of Stanford), and then drive to Berkeley.  Anybody need a
ride?  I have a Saturn sedan -- the old Honda hatchback finally died --
with room for four passengers.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                      "vi is my shepherd; I shall not font."