Wed. Jan. 9: BAD social get-together, Berkeley

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:04:20 -0800

Quoting tluxt (tluxt@yahoo.com):

[snip]

Thanks for the generous work in trying to set things up, with regard to
a consistent South Bay venue, with regard to Ben P., and with regard to
Cafe Au Coquelet.

If I seemed a little peevish, it was because of the effect of all this
on _January_, coming a mere week before the announced date, and playing
hob with making that date's get-together happen.  In your shoes, having
seen a posting of reasonably complete Berkeley details
(http://bad.debian.net/list/2002-January/001751.html ,
http://bad.debian.net/list/2002-January/001753.html ), I think I'd have
waited for the dust to clear and then set about arranging February and
after.

However, if you really want the North San Jose Carl's Jr. for January,
I'm not in your way.  Proceed as you think best, and have fun.

Ordinarily, I figure a post with all venue details worked out and included,
like http://bad.debian.net/list/2002-January/001772.html , would do the
trick.  Unfortunately, given all the confusion, Mike may well ignore the
whole thing for this month.

Me, I figure I'm done unless/until Mike posts something on
http://bad.debian.net/ , which will determine whether I need to reflect
that on BALE.

--
Cheers,                    Facta tua Restitueri ad Status Pristinus Eius.
Rick Moen                       (May your data be restored to