libhttp

Matt Zimmerman mdz@debian.org
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:58:07 -0400

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 02:26:18PM -0700, Alan DuBoff wrote:

> I admit my ignorance to not even understanding them well enough. This is
> the first thing I created that uses them, and my main objective was to be
> able to configure the distribution for various different targets to use
> the gnu cross compiler with, and it did handle that pretty good. It seemed
> that automake/autoconf/libtool all worked together in this regard. How
> would I elliminate automake out of the picture so this problem doesn't
> exist?

First, decide whether there really is a problem.  Automake gives you a lot
of useful things for free, and does the right thing in many oddball cases
that you may not have even considered yet (have you used "make distcheck"?).
If you really don't want to use it, all you need to do is write Makefile.in
instead of Makefile.am.

--
 - mdz