libhttp

Alan DuBoff Alan DuBoff <aland@SoftOrchestra.com>
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 19:31:53 -0700

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> First, decide whether there really is a problem.  Automake gives you a lot
> of useful things for free, and does the right thing in many oddball cases
> that you may not have even considered yet (have you used "make distcheck"?).
> If you really don't want to use it, all you need to do is write Makefile.in
> instead of Makefile.am.

Well, there is a problem in the sense that I have a working configure.in and
Makefile.am that don't seem to work with the current level tools in woody, but
they did work a few weeks ago. It's certainly a problem for *ME*, but might
not be a problem for others...;-)

Actually, I do use distcheck, it seems to be the only certain way of knowing
that the distribution will unpack and build with the files included inside. It
actually helped me track down some missing files. You could say I'm anal, I
got in the habit of doing a "make dist" after so I would have the tarball in
my directory, distcheck seems to remove the file after it checked to make
everything builds fine.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.