Bay Area mourns

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:11:23 -0700

begin  Deirdre Saoirse quotation of Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 02:13:33PM -0700:

> The independent booksellers often feature overlooked books and try to
> promote good books that don't have huge marketing budgets but sell
> consistently well over a long period. Like DNS & Bind, for example.

They are also good about special-ordering books they don't have
in stock.  This can actually be more convenient than mail order
if you go by the bookstore frequently and picking up packages is
inconvenient for you.

The former Printer's Ink in Mountain View has reopened as part of
the Books Inc.  chain.

--
Don Marti      What do we want?  Free Dmitry!  When do we want it?  Now!
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Free Dmitry: http://eff.org/