Tentative: Nov BAD (and all Debian) meeting at ALS Thurs 11/8 6PM

tluxt tluxt@yahoo.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:34:12 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mike Markley <mike@markley.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 12:03:50AM -0700, tluxt <tluxt@yahoo.com>
> spake forth:
> > I suggest that whoever maintains http://bad.debian.net/ update that
> > page now to indicate that Nov BAD will be at ALS, with a final
> > confirmaiton of the exact time to follow.  Tentatively the time
> should
> > be Thurs 11/8 6-8 PM.
>
> I'll update it when times are finalized... too much confusion has
> resulted
> in the past from changing times on the list and/or the page...

I was thinking it would be a good idea to put on the main bad page
right now information indicating that the meeting will _not_ be held at
it's normal day of the month, so that people checking the page can be
aware of that ASAP.  This will enable such persons to be aware that a
change is occuring, and allow them to factor that much info into their
planning.

There is no need to put the tentative date & time there right now if
that's your wish, but something _should be put there indicating that
the regularly scheduled meeting day will not be the date of the Nov
meeting.

> I would but I'm a piss-poor public speaker and probably have no more
> insight
> into woody than the average reader of -devel (developer or not).

:)

Does someone on this list personally know (at least by email
interaction) the Woody release manager?  Is s/he comming to ALS?  Would
it be useful to encourage them to attend, if they are not yet planning
on comming?