Confirmed: Nov BAD (and all Debian) meeting at ALS Thurs 11/8 6-8PM

tluxt tluxt@yahoo.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 18:42:48 -0800 (PST)

It's official!  :)
http://www.linuxshowcase.com/bofschedule.html

There will be a Debian BOF Thurs 11/8 6-8 PM at ALS.  This will be the Nov
BAD meeting.  Time to spread the word.  :)

Previously Sean 'Shaleh' Perry said:
> I will have Joey send out something.  Maybe the Debian news sites too.

All ALS technical talk sessions are free.  Please preregister to save time.

The room:
http://www.marriotthotels.com/dpp/Meeting.asp?marshacode=OAKDT&checked=True&Marriott_BD={09E86CFC-87AC-4AF0-B70E-CCF1BD9B883C}
Room capaicty: theatre=80; schoolroom=40; banquet=60
http://www.marriotthotels.com/OAKDT/ is the main Oakland Marriott page.

It could be a dinner meeting, I'm checking into the prices for that, dinner
would be optional for attendees, but those wishing dinner would need to pay
for their meal.  Or, perhaps we might skip the meeting room and drop in on a
local restaurant.  Perhaps we could get a bigger room, if necessary.  Please
reply by email to this list:  Which do you prefer?

Also, would anyone like to get a very large (say 100+, 200+, 400+???) turnout
for this meeting?  I think that would be great.  (I think there are about
700-1000 people registered for the conference so far.)  What would we need to
do promotion/announcement wise to get that many people interested in
attending?

My own preference for a meeting topic would be "What needs to be done to get
Woody ready for release, and how can I help?", with some speakers from those
parts of Woody that need the most work before release.  Do you second (or n)
that topic?  Do you want a different topic?  How about "An overview of the
major components of Woody."?

Who will make an announcement to the main Debian lists about this meeting?
Joey?  Do you want to copy this announcement, including the questions?  I
personally would like to read input on these questions from respondents on
the main debian list.

Any other questions?

Thanks to the BAD page maintainer - the meeting time is already on the BAD
page. http://bad.debian.net  :)