Confirmed: Nov BAD (and all Debian) meeting at ALS Thurs 11/8 6-8PM

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org>
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 22:17:20 -0800

> My own preference for a meeting topic would be "What needs to be done to get
> Woody ready for release, and how can I help?", with some speakers from those
> parts of Woody that need the most work before release.  Do you second (or n)
> that topic?

I'm not sure what this would mean.... aj has previously posted some
thoughts about the freeze process to the mailing lists. What else would
we talk about beyond that? It'd be great to mention the bug squash party
the following weekend and how people can participate, but that only
takes a few minutes.... can you elaborate on what parts of the release
process you think would be a good meeting topic?

Other ideas:
If people are interested in more political topics, perhaps we can try to
arrange some discussions on the crypto-in-main issues. I had suggested
talking about the ia64/hppa ports for a more technically-oriented
topic. If there are folks working on the woody boot-floppies who will be
attending maybe we can talk about that.... then there's always
debian-installer/debconf.... (hi joeyh!) :-)

I'm envisioning more of an informal discussion rather than a formal
talk... but I've never been to a BoF before, so what do I know? :)

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/