@Home in Bayare/fremont ?

Alan DuBoff Alan DuBoff <aland@SoftOrchestra.com>
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 00:20:38 -0800

On Thursday 06 December 2001 12:30 pm, M. Drew Streib wrote:

> pump didn't work for me, but dhclient did.

On my last job we did quite an extensive set of testing with pump and
dhclient, and pump fails a LOT of the time, in various different network
situations. If memory serves correctly, pppoe, which is popular with some of
the ISPs is one that will fail on pump in a lot of situations.

I only use dhclient, FWIW. Debian won't let you have both installed, and will
remove the other one in the process of installing the new one. Be careful,
since you can be left without a working DHCP client if you don't have the deb
package on your local drive or CD. Because of that I always use dhclient.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.