@Home in Bayare/fremont ?

Ben Pfaff blp@cs.stanford.edu
07 Dec 2001 00:26:08 -0800

Alan DuBoff <aland@SoftOrchestra.com> writes:

> I only use dhclient, FWIW. Debian won't let you have both installed, and will
> remove the other one in the process of installing the new one. Be careful,
> since you can be left without a working DHCP client if you don't have the deb
> package on your local drive or CD. Because of that I always use dhclient.

I use udhcpc to good effect.  It can be installed along with
pump, also.  It works for me where pump doesn't; e.g., on the
802.11b network in the computer science building on Stanford
campus.
--
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver."