@Home in Bayare/fremont ?

M. Drew Streib dtype@dtype.org
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 20:30:14 +0000

--v2Uk6McLiE8OV1El

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 12:26:46PM -0800, Sean C. Rhea wrote:
> I'm in El Cerrito.  Mine wasn't working with my old IP address (which was
> static), so I tried pump, passing the AT&T assigned hostname in as a
> parameter.  It worked twice, then stopped.  But if I use the same IP that
> pump assigned me the first time, it still works now.  I have also heard
> tails of people using Windows (sell-outs!) to get DHCP going and get an IP
> address, then rebooting under Linux and treating that address as static,
> just as I am now doing.  It's ghetto, but it works.  :)

pump didn't work for me, but dhclient did.

-drew

--=20
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org>, Free Standards Group (freestandards.org)
co-founder, SourceForge.net | core team, freedb | sysadmin, Linux Intl.
creator, keyanalyze report | maintnr, *.us.pgp.net | other, see freedom/law

--v2Uk6McLiE8OV1El

--v2Uk6McLiE8OV1El--