@Home in Bayare/fremont ?

Sean C. Rhea srhea@cs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:26:46 -0800

--adJ1OR3c6QgCpb/j

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 11:59:31AM -0800, Vikram wrote:
> it works here in mountain view.california. was disconnected for 2 days
> .... got back on yesterday - relocated to some other pool i believe.

I'm in El Cerrito.  Mine wasn't working with my old IP address (which was
static), so I tried pump, passing the AT&T assigned hostname in as a
parameter.  It worked twice, then stopped.  But if I use the same IP that
pump assigned me the first time, it still works now.  I have also heard
tails of people using Windows (sell-outs!) to get DHCP going and get an IP
address, then rebooting under Linux and treating that address as static,
just as I am now doing.  It's ghetto, but it works.  :)

I have no idea if this technique will work were you are, but it's probably
worth a try.

Sean
--=20
	Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.
			      -- Unix fortune

Sean C. Rhea           |   Please do not accept any email from me
srhea@cs.berkeley.edu  |   which is not digitally signed.  Also,
http://www.srhea.net   |   please sign any email you send to me.

--adJ1OR3c6QgCpb/j

--adJ1OR3c6QgCpb/j--