Need advocate

David Schleef David Schleef <ds@schleef.org>
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 18:06:31 -0700

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 05:24:43PM -0700, Michael S. Fischer wrote:
> "During the release freeze (see Uploading to frozen, Section 6.2.2.1),
> NMUs which fix serious or higher severity bugs are encouraged and
> accepted."

1) Woody is not frozen.
2) important < serious

> "Bug fixes to unstable by non-maintainers are also acceptable..."

"...but only as a last resort or with permission."

> Please don't talk down to me, Ivan.  I'm not stupid.  I've read the
> documentation.

I'll talk down to you, because you are making it repeatedly clear
that you _haven't_ read the documentation.

> And what's with the collective attitude about bringing new developers
> aboard?

Debian has a certain set of customs that new developers need to
get used to before they fit in.  Some learn quickly, others do
not.  Some new developers seem to have the attitude "I'm going
to change the world, so move out of my way."  I don't know any
group where that attitude fits in.

dave...