Potential home for LinuxCabal

Michael Higashi mhigashi@hooked.net
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:54:48 -0700 (PDT)

My apologies for this off-topic post.

If you are looking for office space, or are interested in helping the
LinuxCabal, please read on.

The LinuxCabal provides free meeting space for user groups, such as the
Consortium of All Bay Area Linux (the CABAL), Shuttle Augusta Ada Linux
Users, Linuxchix San Francisco Chapter, and the Bay Area PHP Users Group.
In the past, it also hosted the Bay Area Python User Group, and on a
couple of occasions, Bay Area Debian meetings. In addition, the LinuxCabal
provides low-cost co-location services for Linux users.

You may have heard that Richard Couture, who provides the space for the
LinuxCabal, is in a dispute with his landlord over his lease renewal,
which has already resulted in the closure of the CoffeeNet. Although the
dispute has not yet been resolved, it is likely that Richard (and the
LinuxCabal) will have to move in a month or two.

For several months now Richard has been looking for a place that could
become a new home for both his business and the LinuxCabal. Without a
suitable commercial facility at an affordable lease rate, the LinuxCabal
would have to close. It wasn't easy, but he has found one place that looks
ideal, near 3rd and 22nd Streets in San Francisco, just south of Mission
Bay and east of Potrero Hill.

Unfortunately, at 4000 square feet the new place is too large for Richard
to take on by himself. In order to be able to take advantage of this new
space, he will need to sublet parts of it.

So if you are looking for 200 to 2000 square feet office space (built to
suit, with or without an Internet connection) or know someone who is,
please contact Richard directly as soon as possible:

phone/voice mail:  415-495-2806
pager:  415-998-8795
email:  rrc@imat.com

Again, my apologies for this off-topic post. Since the LinuxCabal is such
a valuable community resource, I hope you'll forgive me.

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael Higashi