linuxworld brain dump (2)

Joey Hess joeyh@debian.org
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:28:13 -0700

Hi all. A quick report on Linuxworld expo before I try to get Debian
Weekly News done and go to bed.

The Booth

... Is mostly set up. We still have a Sun box we need to get X on, and a
PPC that needs Debian installed on it. We will be able to give out test
cycle 3 cd's to the ravening hordes for at least 10 minutes ;-) before
they're all gone. (We still need someone to bring ice for the drink
cooler.)

The Award

... Will be presented by Linus to Wichert Akkerman on behalf of Debian
after the keynote, on Tuesday. The keynote starts at 10am, and the
presentation at 11am. Might be wise to sit through the keynote
(Micheal Dell?!) to get a good seat for the award.

The Press Conference

... Is at, I believe, 1 pm in room J1, to announce the release of 2.2 to
the press. Ian Murdock, Bruce Perens, and Wichert Akkerman will all be
speaking there. We'd love for a lot of hyper people to come to the press
conference, in addition to the press, to make it a busy, crouded,
exciting event so the press gets hyped to write about Debian. I'll swing
by the Debian booth just before 1 pm, as room J1 is a bit hard to find.

The Release Party

... Is on Wednesday night. Drop by the booth to get an invite; it's
invites-only.

--
see shy jo