3Com 3c905C not recognized in Debian install

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 18:46:57 +0000

Rick Moen wrote:

> You'd have to talk to them about that -- but I doubt that anyone is
> going to ship potato in a shrink-wrapped anything until it's been the
> new stable tree for a while.

Unfortunately I know the problem...but if this works for me, it will be the
second time that I was burned by an install, since previously I was burned on
the hamm install due to the PCMCIA you mentioned. slink install works for
that, but now doesn't work for another machine.

Bottom line, making the floppies will be worth having apt-get.

> If memory serves, yes.

Cool, I'm running the 2.2.14 kernel on all of my 3 Debian boxes.

Thanks for the reply, will build the flops, <sigh> draggin' feet like
always...

I have to ask though, you have a FAQ of sort on linuxmafia that states to some
extent, "Our monitors are no lighter than yours", in regards to the
Installfest. Deirdre pointed me there when I stupidly asked once in the SVLUG
list. I was just curious, are your floppies any faster than mine?<gd&r>

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.

PS, it must be REALLY quiet without me over there! Hope things are going well.