Unstable package list

David Welton davidw@master.debian.org
Sun, 16 May 1999 16:41:31 -0500

On Sun, May 16, 1999 at 02:32:08PM -0700, Nick Moffitt wrote:

>         Is it just me, or did someone forget to build the Packages
> file on http.us.debian.org?  More specifically, the unstable main
> packages file.  I've been downloading debs by hand for a day, now,
> and it's driving me batty!

It accidentally got removed, and will be regenerated tonight,
according to the archive maintainer.

>         Who's in charge of that?  Is there some way of remotely
> generating one?

1. They know about the problem, and 2. I don't know if there's any way
to do that...

>         But moving on to Bay Area Debian, how difficult would it be
> to do a bit of a tutorial on building deb packages?

Joey's the expert - having built the tools that the rest of us use to
automate this process:-)

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            <   Sors immanis - et inanis - rota tu volubilis,
davidw@prosa.it            >  status malus - vana salus - semper dissolubilis,