Unstable package list

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Sun, 16 May 1999 14:53:43 -0700

Nick Moffitt wrote:
>         Is it just me, or did someone forget to build the Packages
> file on http.us.debian.org?  More specifically, the unstable main
> packages file.  I've been downloading debs by hand for a day, now, and
> it's driving me batty!

We have some sort of a problem with the program that generates them. It's
being worked on. Probably will be fixed by tomorrow.

>         Who's in charge of that?  Is there some way of remotely
> generating one?

If you have all the packages in question downloaded, yes, with
dpkg-scanpackages. But it'd be a PITA to do.

>         But moving on to Bay Area Debian, how difficult would it be to
> do a bit of a tutorial on building deb packages?

Hm, I've considered giving such a tutorial. There are really two levels. I
can teach people how to build a .deb package by hand, by just making
directories and putting pre-built files in them. That's easy. A full-fledged
debian source package is much harder to explain to people, though I could do
an overview..

--
see shy jo