apt-get front end

Rick Moen rick@hugin.imat.com
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 23:48:14 -0700

Quoting Alan DuBoff (maestro@SoftOrchestra.com):
> George Bonser wrote:
>
> > There is also apt-find ncurses front-end
>
> I haven't used that, but Rick spoke fairly well about it.

In saying it was slick, I didn't especially intend to recommend it for
your use, but rather for your examination (given your expressed
interests as a developer).  Personally, I have found no better
substitute for just grepping and browsing through /var/state/apt/lists,
and using apt-get or dpkg.  But, obviously, preferences differ.

--
Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!