Backpack CD-ROM with 2.1

Rick Moen rick@hugin.imat.com
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 01:35:07 -0700

Quoting Wayne Earl (wearl@jps.net):

> I've got an old TI laptop that runs Linux beautifully (Had RH on it for
> almost two years now). Having discovered Debian's elegance, I am working
> to purge Red Hat Linux from my home boxen. Previously, I would install
> RH via a Backpack external cdrom, but I can't seem to find support for
> this included in 2.1....

Make it easy on yourself, and do an NFS install off a Linux desktop
machine.  If the TI lacks ethernet potential, then do an NFS
install over PLIP.

http://www.cli.di.unipi.it/~controzz/PLIP-Mini-HOWTO.txt.gz

--
Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!