RMS will be 'round, Aug. 9 - 20

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Wed, 07 Jul 1999 01:42:37 -0700

Rick Moen wrote:

> Oh, don't worry; I wasn't annoyed.

Ok, but I know I can annoy people online.

> I just figured that, all other
> things being equal, some place both natural-audience groups are known
> to like would be good.

What about that chinese resturaunt Linus spoke at? Didn't it hold 400? (I
didn't go...:-()

> However, Stallman himself is currently inquiring
> with various people about venues close to CCSF, and cc'ing me.  So, if
> you have in mind other venues, now is a good time to tell him.  (He
> could, of course, speak more than once.)

He sent me a brief reply and my impression is he is set on speaking to CCSF.
I'm sure it's possible to get him to speak while he is down in the Valley, but
he didn't say. I pitched him to speak to Debian, since it's one of the few
distros that doesn't have Corporate mindshare.

I'm probably better off spending time writing code for Debian, so thats what
I'm trying to focus on, I should forget about Stallman, I'll hear him at
LinuxWorld.

I did get the phone contact for SLA in the process though, just in case I do
get the urge to try and pull something like that off.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.