RMS will be 'round, Aug. 9 - 20

Rick Moen rick@hugin.imat.com
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 08:45:58 -0700

Quoting Alan DuBoff (maestro@SoftOrchestra.com):

> What about that chinese resturaunt Linus spoke at? Didn't it hold 400?
> (I didn't go...:-()

The Four Seas Restaurant is available to BALUG (or, rather, its upstairs
banquet is, at $10 per head including dinner) primarily because its
owner is personal friends with the head of BALUG, Arthur F. Tyde.  That
would be convenient if RMS were speaking to BALUG -- but, of course,
he's rather down on the concept of speaking to self-described _Linux_
(without the "GNU") user groups.

> He sent me a brief reply and my impression is he is set on speaking to
> CCSF.  I'm sure it's possible to get him to speak while he is down in
> the Valley, but he didn't say. I pitched him to speak to Debian, since
> it's one of the few distros that doesn't have Corporate mindshare.

Point out that the group concerns Debian GNU/Linux.  ;->

--
Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!