RMS will be 'round, Aug. 9 - 20

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Tue, 06 Jul 1999 20:04:52 -0700

Rick Moen wrote:

> That's cool, but you realise what I originally had in mind was a place
> accessible to both BAD and CCSF GNU/Linux User Group, neither of
> which are particularly big _separately_, and both of which have already
> had events at The CoffeeNet in San Francisco.  On the other hand, if
> you're arranging matters, by all means do it your way.

I just don't honestly get up to the city too much, all the times I've seen you
it's been down in the Valley. I didn't mean to tick you off.

> I am _not_ going to "have a place in the City":  As I have already
> clarified twice, now, I tried that, my efforts weren't especially
> well received, and I'm pointedly directing interested people at the
> remaining interested parties, and away from myself.

Well, I think SLA would be a great place for Stallman to speak. If he would do
it, I think he could fill it easily. That seems like the fitting place for
*HIM*.

> Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
> Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!
> rick (at) linuxmafia.com  MuaHaHaHa!" but that would be rude. -- Jim Dennis

Just for the record, it seems that I was talking to you and Jim at the
Peppermill about 6 months before LinuxWorld in March and neither of you could
say why there wasn't very much work on Linux (although we all agreed it's day
was coming).

I wouldn't say that would be rude, maybe "cocky" is the right word...'cause
Linux isn't the mainstream UNIX in the Valley yet...(it's getting pretty
popular though).

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.