I've learned my lesson...<sigh>

Rick Moen rick@hugin.imat.com
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:44:39 -0700

Quoting David Welton (davidw@master.debian.org):

> dselect isn't that difficult for anyone familiar with DOS/unixish
> character based programs, IMO.

The primary pitfall strikes those whose Linux experience tempts them to
do a "kitchen sink" installation -- which describes many Linux
sysadmins, these days.  They get caught in cycles of dependencies
problems.  That was my initial problem (along with being in a rush, and
inadequate attention to the matter), and I've seen others snagged by it,
too.

--
Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!