linuxworld update

David Bristel targon@targonia.com
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:38:46 -0800 (PST)

Well, as I suggested earlier, we can point out package management(dpkg being the
focus since dselect is a bit clunky).  Perhaps a demonstration of package
creation and a short(15 minute) lecture on packages in general that we can do at
schedualed times during the day.  We can also do something similar with
demonstrations at set times to show the ease with which you can
set up and install xfree86 under Debian, then install the different tools that
corporate users might want(Word Perfect and Netscape).  Sure we can SAY it, but
to have us demonstrate it would attract notice.  It's the formula that works for
most successful booths at other trade shows, and I doubt Red Hat or the others
would try to make any real presentations.

							Dave