linuxworld update

alan@webwidgets.net alan@webwidgets.net
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:43:34 -0800 (PST)

>In the case of *do*, I think a computer running as a high power 'net server
>(or the closest we can to fake it), a computer demoing a work station (maybe
>running siag office and/or wordperfect (I know, non-free, but there are no
>free word processing packages).   (Err... do we have a laser printer
>available?).

Along these same lines, I'm planning on bringing an old SparcClassic
along, but after getting a basic system with X up, I'm not sure where
to go with it. I figure it can be used as an X terminal, but is this
the only/best application? Since Linux "brings new life to old
hardware", I'd like to illustrate this point, but it's not my area of
expertise (I'm a [non-computer] hardware kinda guy). Any suggestions
would be more than welcome.

Alan