Bay Area Debian (BAD) list working again(?) ... web site ...

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 22 08:24:55 PDT 2021

I believe Aaron's been working on it a bit.
Looks like BAD list is working again (?) ...
apparently mailman 2 from Debian 10 (stable) (re)installed
onto the Debian testing host (mailman 2 isn't packaged for Debian testing).
As far as I can determine/guestimate, mailman 2 got removed (but its
data and configurations preserved - hence one could still, e.g. browse
the archives on web), but mailman 2 had otherwise stopped working.
And ... with apparently now mailman 2 reinstalled ... well, it resumes
working again - or so it seems.

As for web site, pokin' around a little, at least when I checked wee
bit ago, http://bad.debian.net/ wasn't working (though correct IP and
such), however there appears an alternate ("temporary"?/test?/???) means to
get there (or at least that content): http://bad.primate.net/

I did, many months back, get access from Aaron to be able to update the
BAD and BUUG web pages, but not access to be able to access all the list
data or more generally fix/update/move things.

Have at least a (draft) gentle migration plan for BAD:
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bad:start
(and likewise BUUG:
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=buug:start
)
but have been waiting to hear back from Aaron on that.

----- Forwarded message from Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu -----