Bay Area Debian (BAD) web site available again: http://bad.debian.net/

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 1 17:41:44 PDT 2021

> From: "Sami Juvonen" <sami at juvonen.org>
> Subject: Re: Bay Area Debian (BAD) web site available again:
> http://bad.debian.net/
> Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 14:00:32 -0700

> Unfortunately unsubscribe doesn't seem to be working.

I just did a subscribe, and an unsubsceribe, via the web interface.
Need to have subscriber's email address, and either be able to
receive email mailman sends to that address, or have the subscriber's
password, to be able to unsubscribe.

I didn't test if subscribe/unsubscribe works via the email interface alone,
or that all parts of the email interface are working.

> Also, it's a http site. Modern Firefox or Chrome complain loudly. Let's
> Encrypt exists.

Unfortunately I don't control nor host the site.  Thus far I've only
got access to update some web content thereupon.  Have a "gentle
migration" plan, ... but need Aaron Porter's assistance to do most
anything to move forward with that.  In the meantime, about all I can do
is update web pages on the site.

The BUUG (Berkeley Unix User Group) http://[www.]buug.org/ site is in same
situation - and on same host.

And yes, https, IPv6, DNSSEC, etc. - would like to do all those but
can't without relevant access.  Have those in place for other
LUGs I host, e.g.:
https://www.balug.org/
https://www.sf-lug.org/
https://berkeleylug.com/
https://pi.berkeleylug.com/ (though this (SIG) one has infrastructure in place
to be fully delegateable).
In fact cover many domains (let's see, from latest certs, and after deduping):
berkeleylug.com,*.berkeleylug.com,pi.berkeleylug.com,*.pi.berkeleylug.com
sf-lug.org,*.sf-lug.org,www.ipv4.sf-lug.org,www.ipv6.sf-lug.org,sflug.org,www.sflug.org,sf-lug.com,www.sf-lug.com,sflug.com,www.sflug.com,sf-lug.net,www.sf-lug.net,sflug.net,www.sflug.net
balug.org,*.balug.org,*.archive.balug.org,*.beta.balug.org,*.ipv4.balug.org,*.ipv6.balug.org,*.lists.balug.org,*.new.balug.org,*.secure.balug.org,*.staging.balug.org,*.test.balug.org,*.php.test.balug.org,*.wiki.balug.org
digitalwitness.org,*.digitalwitness.org