And we had a wonderful: 2019-07-10 Bay Area Debian (BAD) meeting & Debian Buster Release Party! @Triple Rock, Berkeley

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 11 09:15:12 PDT 2019

And we had a wonderful meeting/party!  :-)
Thanks to all who came, and thanks too to OCF.
In addition to (semi-)regular BAD folks from Berkeley and
The Bay Area, we also had many folks from
the Open Computing Facility
https://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/
and also
Berkeley Lab
https://www.lbl.gov/
Many of us also got a visit/tour of OCF
after the meeting/party, which was quite cool and interesting.  :-)

And largest BAD meeting in - at least quite a while.
I think we had a total of 18 (or maybe a hair more?) folks
who attended, and I think we had as many as 16 (or wee bit
more) simultaneously in attendance.

Oh, too, among some of the conversations, some were asking about
BAD - and other LUG(s) in the area, etc.  (many of which also
have many Debian fans/users/...) ... here's my list of
meta-lists (lists of lists):
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/
http://www.lugod.org/calendar/
http://www.svlug.org/farm.php#other-local
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/UserGroupContacts/Groups#SF
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=caj9iea2ol69b7n2uqdek4ocso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles
https://goo.gl/b9WY5k
(the last of those "just" a short URL to the one immediate above it).
As always, good to check web site(s) and/or list(s) for the [L]UG
itself to see if it's active and still meeting as scheduled, where,
etc.  And sometimes lack of activity on site/list doesn't mean
group doesn't meet (and maybe sometimes active site/list group
might not be meeting or so regularly meeting?).  Anyway, can be
prudent to check, and if unsure ask (e.g. on the relevant list).