Vivaldi browser for Debian/Ubuntu

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 16 03:37:09 PDT 2016

> From: "Rick Moen" <rick at linuxmafia.com>
> Subject: Re: Vivaldi browser for Debian/Ubuntu
> Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 13:38:55 -0700

> Quoting GoOSSBears (acohen36 at linuxwaves.com):
>
>> Besides web browsers Firefox, Chrom[e]|[ium], Dillo, and a few others,
>> there is now an evolved, post-1.0 version of the Vivaldi browser[1]
>> available for download and use for Debian/Ubuntu. Am using this now as
>> I write this email.
>
> Which, you probably should have mentioned, is _proprietary_ software.

Ah yes, not to mention also, it's not in Debian main, nor contrib,
nor even non-free ... at least as far as I can tell from my quick searches.

So, also, all the potential hazards of using software from outside of
ones OS distribution may fully apply.

Doesn't mean there aren't cases where one may want to venture outside of
such ... but chose wisely and carefully.