Vivaldi browser for Debian/Ubuntu

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 15 13:38:55 PDT 2016

Quoting GoOSSBears (acohen36 at linuxwaves.com):

> Besides web browsers Firefox, Chrom[e]|[ium], Dillo, and a few others,
> there is now an evolved, post-1.0 version of the Vivaldi browser[1]
> available for download and use for Debian/Ubuntu. Am using this now as
> I write this email.

Which, you probably should have mentioned, is _proprietary_ software.
It's a good idea to mention in open source circles when you are
recommending a proprietary program.

I list all currently available graphical Web browsers for Linux at
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/kicking.html#linuxbrowser .  (Please
advise if I've missed any.   Note that I'm deliberately disregarding
codebases that have been orphaned/discontinued for too long to be safe:
Flock, Galeon.)