[BALUG-Talk] [ONLY POST TO THE LIST(S) ONE IS SUBSCRIBED TO] Re: 0xcabba9e5 (@0x1f1f) will be in SF between 3 Jan - 12 Jan and can meet/sign key (for inner Debian love) :)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jan 1 21:36:26 PST 2016

Quoting Todd Hawley (celticdm at gmail.com):

> As I've mentioned to Michael, the Linux Noisebridge events listed on the SF
> Bay Area Open Source/Linux Events calendar apparently are not going on
> anymore. I have to wonder how often that calendar gets updated.

Bill Ward created that Google Calendar for I-have-no-clear-idea reasons.
Some group of Google users all have edit access, but I'm not sure who
they are.  (/me belatedly sees Michael Paoli's comment, waves.)

In the NON-outsourced-to-Google category, BALE's (http://linuxmafia.com/bale/)
schema, Python scripts, & PHP plumbing are free software.
http://linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/network/autobale-1.0.tar.gz

archive.org's earliest BALE snapshot is that of January 26, 1998, but
ISTR it was online a year or two before that.

FWIW, I went to 'SF-LUG Weekly Linux Discussion Group' at Noisebridge twice:

Try #1:  Two guys were poking at an obscure embedded Linux device that
         impersonates an existing wifi WAP and intercepts user traffic.
         They asked me how it worked.
Try #2:  I arrived, nobody from Linux Discussion Group was there.
         They later explained they'd 'quit early' (almost immediately)
         leaving no clues for anyone arriving after.

Happily, some folks had better encounters:
http://matthewpetty.com/2013/03/noisebridge-linux/