USENIX TaPP '11 Program Available

Lionel Garth Jones lgj at usenix.org
Thu Jun 9 16:44:40 PDT 2011

We'd like to invite to join us in Crete, June 20-21, 2011, for the 3rd
USENIX Workshop on the Theory and Practice of Provenance (TaPP '11).

Provenance provides important documentation that is an essential part of
the quality of data, and it is essential to the trust we put in, for
example, the data we find on the Web and the data that is derived from
scientific experiments.

The program includes 29 technical papers representing some of the
outstanding work in the area. Please note: unlike previous years, we
will have the papers within discussion sessions. We have selected 10
broad sub-areas of provenance research, and for each we will have a
tutorial followed by a short (5-minute) overview of papers that are
related to the sub-area. The topics include:

* Tutorial: Provenance and Causality
* Provenance Models
* Provenance in the Wild
* Provenance Exchange, Integration, and Querying
* Provenance Analytics
* Tutorial: Provenance-Rich Publications
* Security and Privacy
* Provenance and Archiving
* Annotation Algebras
* Do people want provenance and are they prepared to pay for it?

The full program is available at http://www.usenix.org/tapp11/proga

TaPP '11 promises to be an exciting workshop showcasing serious
cross-disciplinary, foundational, and highly speculative research.

We hope you will join us in Crete.

On behalf of the TaPP '11 Program Committee,

Peter Buneman, University of Edinburgh
Juliana Freire, University of Utah
tapp11chairs at usenix.org

P.S. TaPP '11 will be held the week after the meeting of ACM SIGMOD in
Athens: http://www.sigmod2011.org/