BALUG TOMRROW! Tu 2010-08-17 BALUG meeting; & other BALUG news

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 16 21:14:14 PDT 2010

BALUG TOMRROW! Tu 2010-08-17 BALUG meeting; & other BALUG news

In this issue (details further below):
2010-08-17 Tu: TOMORROW! BALUG meeting
Linux/Ubuntu CDs
2010-08-21 Sa: Picn*x 19 - The Linux 19th Anniversary Picnic

------------------------------

Bay Area Linux User Group (BALUG) meeting
Tuesday 6:30 P.M. 2010-08-17

Please RSVP if you're planning to come (see further below).

For our 2010-08-17 BALUG meeting, at least presently we don't have
a specific speaker/presentation lined up for this meeting, but that
doesn't prevent us from having interesting and exciting meetings.
Sometimes we also manage to secure/confirm a speaker too late for us to
announce or fully publicise the speaker (that's happened at least twice
in the past five or so years - including last month's meeting).  Got
questions, answers, and/or opinions?  We typically have some expert(s)
and/or relative expert(s) present to cover LINUX and related topic
areas.  Want to hear some interesting discussions on LINUX and other
topics?  Show up at the meeting, and feel free to bring an agenda if
you wish.  Want to help ensure BALUG has speakers/presentations lined up
for future meetings?  Help refer speakers to us and/or volunteer to be
one of the speaker coordinators.  Good food, good people, and
interesting conversations to be had.

So, if you'd like to join us please RSVP to:

                    rsvp at balug.org

**Why RSVP??**

Well, don't worry we won't turn you away, but the RSVPs really help the
Four Seas Restaurant plan the meal and they help ensure that we'll be
able to eat upstairs in the private banquet room.

Meeting Details...

                    6:30pm
                    Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 2010-08-17

                    Four Seas Restaurant http://www.fourseasr.com/
                    731 Grant Ave.
                    San Francisco, CA 94108
                    Easy PARKING:
                      Portsmouth Square Garage at 733 Kearny:
                      http://www.sfpsg.com/

Cost: The meetings are always free, but for dinner, for your gift of $13
          cash, we give you a gift of dinner ticket to join us for a yummy
          family-style Chinese dinner - tax and tip included (your gift also
          helps in our patronizing the restaurant venue and helping to
          defray BALUG costs such treating our speakers to dinner).

------------------------------

We'll also have various Linux/Ubuntu CDs available at the 2010-08-17
BALUG meeting (and likely also future meetings as long as our supply
lasts/continues), most notably presently including:
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) Desktop CD PC (Intel x86) i386
(also at least some Fedora, Knoppix, and other Ubuntu variants presently)
Thanks to Grant Bowman and the Ubuntu California Team for getting CDs to
us.

2010-08-21 Sa: Picn*x 19 - The Linux 19th Anniversary Picnic
http://www.linuxpicnic.org/

Feedback on our publicity/announcements (e.g. contacts or lists where we
should get our information out that we're not presently reaching, or
things we should do differently): publicity-feedback at balug.org